The Fjallraven (pronounced fi-yal-raa-ven) classic knit hat is perfect for travelers who want to look fashionable and not like tourists. The 100% Merino wool construction is soft, while the double-layered knitting adds another barrier against the cold. The fold-up edging makes this Merino beanie more versatile than some of the other hats on this list.
With a well-known company like Fjallraven, you know you are going to be buying quality material. Unfortunately, some users have reported excessive pilling after washing. Be sure to follow the proper care instructions to keep this classic knit hat looking fresh. Also, even though it looks like a chunky knit hat from the picture, the material is not too thick. Therefore, if you’re looking for an outdoor winter hat, this Fjallraven beanie may not be your best option.
Above all, we love the classic look of this Merino wool beanie. The relaxed top offers a bit of slouch on top, all without sacrificing warmth. Moreover, the slouchy look is highly fashionable and fits well with almost any outfit. However, if you are looking for a more tight-fitting, skull-cap style hat, check out the Fjallraven Structure Beanie.
Fjallraven Classic Knit Hat – Specs & Features:
- 100% Merino wool construction
- Adequate stretch
- Double-layered knitting improves insulative properties
- Fold-up cuff with leather logo
- Versatile design
- Weight: 2.82 oz.
- 7 colors available
- Dark navy, acorn, dark garnet, gray, black, dark olive, & storm (blue)
- Superior comfort qualities with 100% Merino wool construction
- Trusted brand name in Fjallraven
- Multiple color options available (each batch tends to sell out quickly)
- User-reported pilling issues after excessive use
- It feels thinner than what is shown in the picture. As a result, it’s not suitable for very frigid conditions.
Adventure | Casual | Lifestyle | Travel
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.