With 100% Merino wool and a 200 GSM fabric weight, the Icebreaker Men’s 200 Oasis Leggings are a great base layer for any occasion. They are thick enough to keep you warm in the winter but still offered high-performance breathability in mild temperatures.
According to Icebreaker, the Oasis Leggings are actually their best-selling base layer bottoms. And despite the higher price point, we feel like they are worth every penny.
Protection and warmth aside, we love the Icebreaker Men’s 200 Oasis Leggings for their versatility alone. From our experience, many Merino wool base layer bottoms tend to layer well. Still, they aren’t the most fashionable to be worn by themselves. That’s not the case with these leggings. The snug, athletic fit is perfect to be worn as simple leggings (if you’re into that sort of thing). We like to wear them under running shorts when the temperatures drop to just above freezing. In other words, they look amazing and function well.
So, whether you wear them underneath your snow pants or as a standalone piece, you’ll stay comfortable with the Oasis leggings by Icebreaker.
Specs & Features:
- 100% Merino wool construction
- 200-GSM lightweight, jersey-knit fabric weight
- Athletic Fit
- Inseam length: ~30.7″ (size: large)
- Weight: 7.61 oz (size: large)
- Gusseted crotch & flatlock seams improve mobility & comfort
- Versatile functionality
- Available only in black
- Fantastic warmth-to-weight ratio considering lightweight fabric
- High-performance design improves versatility
- Sleek & stylish fit – snug, but not too snug
- User-reported fabric issues (pilling after excessive use)
- The waistband can feel a bit snug, although it is necessary to reduce movement
Adventure | Camping | Hiking | Lifestyle | Running | Snowsports | Training
Disclaimer: To maintain genuineness and authenticity, Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. Yet as an Amazon Associate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.