If you want to hit the trail for a few days, you’ll only need one pair of underwear if you pack the Minus33 Merino Wool Men’s Acadian Lightweight Boxer Brief. They have a long, 8” inseam, which is best to wear under loose-fitting clothing. The super-snug construction and thin, covered waistband also prevents any ride-up. Also, the soft, 17.5-micron fibers not only provide excellent comfort but help to prevent unnecessary chafing. Therefore, you’ll be able to explore the backcountry in comfort.
Combine all that with a UPF rating of 25, and you’ve got yourself a great pair of hiking underwear.
Note: the 170 GSM fabric may feel lightweight, but we would not suggest wearing it for physical activity over 70 – 75°F (~21-24 C).
Minus33 Merino Wool Men’s Acadian Lightweight Boxer Brief
Specs & Features:
- 100% Merino wool imported from Australia
- 170 GSM ultralight-to-lightweight fabric density
- Ultrafine, 17.5-micron fibers for improved comfort
- Compression/snug fit – but not overly tight
- UPF Rating: 25
- Flat-lock seams and covered waistband minimize discomfort
- 8″ Inseam for more coverage
- Weight: 3.5 oz (size: large)
- 6 colors available (black, navy, azure blue, desert sand, zephyr green, & mossy oak)
- Contact Minus33 directly if your size or desired color are not available
- Ultrasmooth 17.5-micron fabric & athletic fit lead raise the comfort level.
- Longer inseam reduces leg ride-up
- Multiple color & sizing options available
- User-reported durability issues. Make sure to launder with care.
- Sewn-through waistband may feel different than typical underwear. So, give yourself time to adjust.
- Relatively expensive compared with similar Merino wool products
Adventure | Biking | Camping | Hiking | Snowsports | Training
Disclaimer: To maintain genuineness and authenticity, Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.