Backcountry explorers should rejoice! The Minus33 Kenai Women’s Expedition Wool Bottoms are one of the warmest Merino leggings on the market. The 400-GSM heavyweight fabric (or as Minus33 calls it: expedition weight) will protect you in any winter weather.
Moreover, we can’t ignore the enhanced comfort features of these bottoms. The soft, 18.5-micron fiber diameter feels excellent next to your skin, but that’s not all. Minus33 has incorporated flatlock seams, a gusseted crotch, and a Merino-covered waistband. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about seam irritation or “spandex burn” while you are out exploring nature.
Also, we love how Minus33 names their different base layers. Alaska’s playground – the Kenai peninsula – offers a vast amount of cold-weather outdoor activities. Therefore, these Kenai leggings are the perfect legwear to explore the wonderous landscape of Kenai.
Minus33 Kenai Bottoms – Specs & Features:
- 100% imported Merino wool
- Heavyweight 400 GSM fabric density
- Jersey-knit fabric
- Soft 18.5-micron fiber diameter
- Slim/semi-fitted (somewhat tapered)
- Mid-to-high rise (according to Minus33, the “waistband sits at or around the belly button”)
- UPF Rating: 50+
- Weight: 12 oz. (size medium)
- Pull-on closure, flatlock seams, crotch gusset, & covered waistband
- Reportedly dryer-safe (still would opt for flat-drying or hang-drying)
- Available only in black
- 400 GSM heavyweight fabric will keep you warm during winter activities.
- Reduced discomfort with features like covered waistband, crotch gusset, and flatlock seams.
- Even though the material is heavy, it regulates moisture well.
- Maybe too baggy if ordering the wrong size. So, we suggest consulting the size charts before purchasing.
- Relatively expensive due to higher performance & fabric weight.
Adventure | Casual | Travel |Winter Sports
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. Yet as an Amazon Associate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.