Gear up for your next adventure with the Ortovox Women’s 185 Rock’N’Wool Short Pant. The form-fitting, 100% Tasmanian Merino wool fabric is tight in all the right places. Still, the mild stretch gives you plenty of room for movement while exploring the backcountry.
One aspect of the Ortovox Women’s 185 bottoms we love is the 3/4 length. We tend to think of base layers as full-length pants, but bunching can become an issue with heavy winter socks. With the mid-calf cut-off, bunching is reduced. Thus, you’ll be more comfortable throughout the day.
When it comes to warmth, the 185 GSM lightweight fabric does an excellent job regulating your microclimate. It’s plenty breathable and wicks moisture away from your legs as you sweat. However, suppose you are venturing into sub-zero temperatures for extended periods. In that case, you may want to look into a thicker pair of long underwear.
Above all, we love Ortovox’s commitment to ethically-sourced, sustainable Merino wool. They have created an industry-leading certification in the Ortovox Wool Promise (OWP) to ensure that the Merino sheep are treated fairly. In other words, happier sheep produce happy customers.
Ortovox Women’s 185 Rock’N’Wool Short Pant – Specs & Features:
- 100% Virgin Merino wool sourced from Tasmania
- 185 GSM lightweight fabric thickness – offers extra breathability with a bit of warmth
- 19-micron fiber diameter
- Form-fitting, athletic cut (length to mid-calf)
- UPF Rating 50+
- Weight ~5.9 oz
- 3 colors & styles available
- blush blend, night blue blend, gray blend
- Reinforced knee fabric for heavy activity
- Lightweight fabric is breathable yet surprisingly warm
- Great form-fit that is tight but not restrictive
- Pure wool means you must launder with care, as it can be a bit delicate
- A bit more expensive than some of the other Merino wool base layer bottoms on the market
Adventure | Biking | Camping | Hiking | Running | Training | Winter Sports
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.