Although we love Merino wool, we understand that it can be expensive. Not everyone has $80 laying around to splurge on a basic t-shirt. However, there are a few Merino tee options out there that are affordable AND high-quality. The Ridge Merino Wool Men’s Journey T-Shirt is definitely one of them.
Ridge Merino is a growing outdoor apparel company based out of Mammoth Lakes, California. They design their clothing with your comfort and performance in mind. The Journey tee is constructed of a luxurious, durable, and ultralight Merino blend. Above all, this shirt is on the affordable end of the Merino wool apparel spectrum.
The Journey tee is a highly-engineered but straightforward piece of clothing. The double-stitching offers better strength, and the overall design improves versatility. If you aren’t a fan of the classic crew neck, Ridge Merino also provides the same style tee with a shallow V-neck.
To sum up, we absolutely love the price-to-quality ratio of the Ridge Merino Wool Men’s Journey T-Shirt. Therefore, you can still enjoy the fantastic benefits of Merino wool without breaking the bank.
Ridge Merino Wool Men’s Journey T-Shirt – Specs & Features:
- 87% Merino wool/13% Nylon – corespun (m)Force™ technology for improved durability
- Super ultralight, 145 GSM fabric thickness
- Soft, 17.5-micron Merino fibers (softer than many other tees on the market)
- Modern fit with a “touch more length.”
- Double-stitched and taped seams around the neck for additional strength
- UPF Rating: 30+
- Weight: 5.2 oz (size: medium)
- 3 colors available – although Ridge Merino tends to drop new colors one in a while
- black, navy, heather gray
- Possibly the best price-to-quality ratio on the market
- 145-GSM fabric is breathable but does not skimp on durability
- Simplistic design makes this tee more versatile than other Merino performance tees on the market
- The tee is a bit longer than you may be used to. Consult with Ridge Merino sizing charts if you are on the shorter side.
- User-reported manufacturing inconsistencies (typically, this is the nature of Merino wool). Contact Ridge Merino for any returns or warranty issues.
Adventure | Camping | Casual | Hiking | Lifestyle | Travel
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.