Overall, these Smartwool Merino 150 Boxer Briefs genuinely live up to the company’s growing reputation. They offer plenty of breathability, odor resistance, and comfort.
However, the aspect we love the most is the pure comfort of this underwear. Smartwool uses flatlock seams to minimize discomfort and a uniquely engineered design to improve support. They even have a covered elastic waistband that fits snug. Also, the fabric feels luxurious on your skin as an underlayer. You barely even feel that you are wearing any underwear in the first place!
Note: If you’re looking for a more relaxed fit (like traditional boxers), look at the Smartwool Merino 150 Boxer Shorts. They have a much more draped and free-flowing fit.
The only major ‘issue’ that we see with these boxers is the high price point. We wholeheartedly believe they are worth it. But, if you have reservations about shelling out nearly $50 for a pair of briefs, then you may want to look for a less expensive pair of underwear.
To sum up, digital nomads to ultralight backpackers to everyday commuters all love these Smartwool Merino 150 Boxer Briefs.
Smartwool Merino 150 Boxer Briefs – Specs & Features:
- 87% Merino Wool, 13% Nylon Core – improves strength & durability
- 150 GSM fabric weight
- Fits slim-to-true; mid-rise waist
- Flatlock seams and Merino-covered waistband adds to comfort
- 4.75″ inseam (size: medium)
- 6 colors and styles available (black, black marble wash, light gray heather stripe, deep navy, black stripe, deep navy stripe)
- Fabric is extremely soft
- Ultralight thickness offers enhanced breathability
- A versatile piece from a trusted Merino wool company
- Waistband may feel cumbersome to some people
- On the expensive end of the Merino wool spectrum.
Adventure | Camping | Casual | Hiking | Lifestyle | Travel
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.