If you are all about functionality, the Smartwool Merino 250 Cuffed Beanie is the perfect hat for you. The hat material thickness is 250 GSM (or about four pieces of paper thick) yet is still breathable to fight sweat accumulation. Even if you are a heavy sweater, this hat is reversible, so just flip it around! It’s the perfect next-to-skin beanie for outdoor activities.
We love most about this Merino beanie because it is made from the same fabric as Smartwool’s popular base layer. So, you know it’s going to perform up to the company’s outstanding reputation (yes, we are Smartwool fanboys).
Above all, you get a trusted Merino wool brand when you shop Smartwool. They are one of the most ethical and sustainable companies in the industry. I know it’s cheesy to say this, but it is smart for the environment to wear Smartwool.
Smartwool Merino 250 Beanie – Specs & Features:
- 100% ethically-sourced Merino wool
- 250 GSM fabric density
- Weight: 1.06 oz (30g)
- Roll cuff feature for extra warmth
- Constructed From Smartwool’s unique base layer fabric. Perfect for hiking!
- Double-layered insulation
- One-Size-Fits-All (16″ non-stretch circumference)
- 3 colors available (black, charcoal, & military olive heather)
- Midweight Merino wool fabric offers excellent breathability and insulation
- Minimal, low-profile design improves versatility
- Odor-resistant (may not sound like much, but have you ever smelled the inside of a hat?)
- Relatively expensive compared to some other Merino wool beanies
- User-reported dissatisfaction with material thickness. They said it was “thinner” than it appears.
Adventure | Camping | Hiking | Running | Training | Winter Sports
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.