The Smartwool Merino NTS 150 beanie is a solid choice for a lightweight adventure beanie. The skull-cap construction makes it perfect underneath protective headwear (on both the slopes and the construction site). The 150-GSM fabric density (about two sheets of paper) is thick enough to keep you warm but thin enough to breathe, preventing excessive sweating. Therefore, your head won’t get cold if you start to sweat. It’s just one of the fantastic properties of Merino wool.
Moreover, we love the tight, supportive fit of this beanie. You may not tell from the picture, but there is sufficient ear coverage despite not having a cuff. The feeling of snugness on your head something from a fairy tale; it’s basically the Goldilocks of Merino wool beanies. In other words, it fits just right.
If you need something a bit thicker for winter adventures, check out Smartwool’s 250 Cuffed Beanie instead.
Smartwool NTS Merino 150 Beanie
Specs & Features:
- 87% Merino wool reinforced with 13% nylon core
- Ultralight, 150 GSM Fabric Weight
- Skull-cap fit
- UPF Rating 20+
- Weight: 0.56 oz
- One-size-fits-all (reported head circumference of 20″)
- 2 colors available (black & heather gray)
- Corespun nylon improves strength & durability
- Fantastic price-to-quality ratio when compared with other Merino wool beanies.
- Low profile makes this beanie a great under-helmet piece for added warmth in the winter.
- 150 GSM, ultralight fabric may not provide enough warmth for freezing conditions
- May stretch with excessive use. Check out Smartwool’s warranty policy as it may be covered.
Adventure | Biking | Camping | Hiking | Running | Training | Travel | Winter Sports
Disclaimer: Merino Wool Gear DOES NOT sponsor products. However, as an Amazon Associates Member, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.